Thursday, June 3, 2010

Of books and some thought - Post 3

An evening well spent, browsing books, and then picking up a few. A couple of Jodi Picoult and one Shashi Tharoor to be precise.

Nothing works more to lift my spirits more than buying books {Well actually a few other things do too} but lets concentrate on books for the sake of this post.

So Mon and I met over coffee, browsed books, picked a few, ambled around the beautiful Indra Nagar, hogged on some delicious rolls at this quaint little eatery and spoke and spoke a lot.

And then it suddenly struck me, about bloggers, blogs and their personalities. For in Monika, you get what you read. No pretence what so ever. I have met a few other people too with whom I have interacted over blogs. Some have been a personification of their writings or rather I should say that their blogs are part of their personalities.

And then again there are people whose blog’s reek of something way too artificial. They choose to be anonymous and the picture they present is clearly of a wannabe. There are many such examples all around and since I don’t believe in conflicts I won’t mention them here.

So what drives such people? And don’t they get confused between being themselves and impersonating an image? In the longer run does the “real them” and “the put up them” gets intermingled? I won’t call all this a lie. Its aspiration I guess. And nothing wrong in aspiring, right?

Some of you who read me, know me from before. Some have come to know me after reading me. So guys, do you think there is a match between me and my blog? Honesty will help!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually u are more of ur blogs..I like u more when i read u!!

Meira said...

Nodding my head. I think when I meet you, there'l be no awkward pauses...you don't seem to pretend in your posts.

Anonymous said...

Well, I never felt I was meeting someone for the first time! That speaks a lot about you allowing yourself to be honestly portrayed in your blog!

Pixie said...

yea... I'm nodding my head too...

I read you after I met you, so yea, no pretences! :)

Mumbai Diva said...

i wish we could meet...and if and when we do, I know there will be no surprises. I know exactly what to expect coz there is nothing artificial about your blog :)

Prats said...

I cannot comment on it... but would revisit and post an update to this comment sometime in future when I would have met you :-)

Iya said...

@Neha - now what does that mean??
@Meira - when r u blessing bangalore? we have to have to meet!!
@Puja - hey puja, thanks..
@Pixie - : ):)
@Mumbai Diva - we have to have to meet. no bangalore plans?

Iya said...

@ Prats - hey sure!! we shud :)

Swaram said...

I dint feel anything diff. too when I met u the other day :) It ws like catching up with my friends after a long time :) SigH! Been so long since I met u guys no!

Err what abt me :P :P

Iya said...

@ swaram - thanks babe..
I started reading u after i met u and trust me, your blog is just an extension of you. no pretence!!

masood said...

hehe i did a very similar post a few months back about the 'real' person and the 'blogger' person.

chk out that post
http://logicalobscurity.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/real-life-and-blog-life-are-you-the-same/

your blog is surely an extension of you...only grammatically better! :p nothing faked.

Iya said...

Masood - oye what do u mean gramatically better?? forgot my skills with text twist?

Swaram said...

:) :) Thanks Iya :)

Monika said...

so this discussion reached here too ;-)

my opnion u already know