Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Even Good guys make mistake - Post 8

This was my FB status message a few days back and a lot of my friends assumed it was about Aman. Fortunately it wasn’t. My guy usually doesn’t make mistakes and even if he did I wouldn’t talk about it on FB, would I?

This is about someone else. Let me explain.

Recently I met this newly wed couple. While I have known and respected the guy for a couple of years, it was the first time I was meeting the girl. The guy is a mature, intelligent and an extremely smart fellow. He is a good human being and overall a nice person to know. He is good at his work and quite ambitious. And when he announced marriage we were very happy. It was a marriage of choice and he had known the girl for a few months.

I am sure they are in love. And I am sure they are happy. But what shocked me was the “couple itself”. They were just so opposite. And not opposite in that nice way which makes one go all mush.

They were opposite in this very weird manner. While the guy is all sober and intelligent, the girl was all silly and full of giggles. I surely don’t mind people who laugh a lot, but laughing without a reason is such a put off. The girl was also definitely low on IQ, a bit of a show off and seemed like a brat. She certainly wasn’t someone I could manage a decent conversation with.

Which obviously made me think what my friend saw in her. She was good looking. But it ended at that. So did my friend get so floored by the way she looked that he didn’t bother to go beyond that? So is it that men still just want eye candy as wives? What happens when this initial fascination with looks dies down? Will then the stupidity start bothering him? And wont it be too late? What will he do when he wants to talk? Will he still enjoy the giggles as much? Well, that only time will tell, but as of now, I think he did make a mistake.

17 comments:

Meira said...

I don't know!
But I think if he's intelligent, he would have put in a lot of thought into it.
Most people who meet TS call him an arrogant bastard :D. I know he is one, but I also know him to be so much more. And I tolerate arrogant people better than others do :)
Maybe its something similar with them

Iya said...

Meria - arrogance is one thing. i have been called arrogant and snob for the better part of my life. My issue is also with the fact that she appears visibly stupid.

Swaram said...

All I know is that I want someone whom I can strike an interesting conversation with along with being humorous!

Iya said...

@ swaram - yeah, spending life with a good looking porceline doll is not my idea of having a good life!!

masood said...

Present Maam :)

Meira said...

et tu, Iya? :P
I agree with you. What people would want to do with stupid individuals is beyond me!

Monika said...

I dont know ever heard that statement love is blind ;-)

but u know some intelligent guys prefer to spend time with dumb girls gives them a ego boost

Masood said...

@ Mon - Oh comon, you gotta be kidding! Why would a smart, sensible intelligent guy wanna spend time with a dumb girl just for an ego boost? Isn't being intelligent a good enough ego boost in itself?

Aman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Iya said...

Why not masood.I agree with monika. men sometimes are strange. and my friend is a perfect example

Pixie said...

Well... love has made sure weirder things happen!
But, yes, after reading your post, I wonder too - what is he going to do once the initial charm wears off?
And yea, I kind of agree with what Monu says too

Unknown said...

Lolzzzzzzz

Actually guys generally make mistake of this kind!!!

:)

dhakkanz said...

Iya,

I hope you've heard that 'Love is blind'!

Coz the girl is good-looking does not mean that the said guy married her for her looks.

dhakkanz

Meira said...

Where is post no. 9?

Iya said...

Meira sweety post 9 is up!!

Anonymous said...

Iya, sometimes people are so lacking in confident, they appear giggly when they first meet us, but turn out to be fun once we get to know them. Maybe that's the case.

First impressions may not always tell the truth.

Iya said...

Hey IHM - ya u might be right here..i should meet then once again..